Classical India with Nepal end Jaipur (Luxury Gold - Summer 2017)
About New Delhi, India
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk Bazaar. Visit Raj Ghat. See Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to see the India Gate and Parliament House. Visit the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Kathmandu: See the Hindu Pashupatinath Temple. Visit the temple of the Teleju, Statue of Yogendra Mall.
- Varanasi: Enjoy a brief city tour visiting some famous temples. Visit Sarnath, where Buddha first taught the Dharma. Partake in an early morning yoga session at the Ganges Ghats (if possible.)
- Agra: Group picture taken at the Taj Mahal.
- Jaipur: See the Palace of Winds and visit the City Palace Museum.
- Delhi: Join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
- Jaipur: Join a jeep safari through the picturesque Aravalli hills. Stop and spend time with the Meena tribe, before continuing on to Dera Amer where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: The mouth-watering Celebration Dinner with drinks features the best of Indian cuisine.
- 12 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 Restaurant Dinner (RD), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 1 Highlight Dinner (HD); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) both with beer, wine or soft-drinks.
- Delhi: Ride by rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk bazaar in Old Delhi.
- Kathmandu: Tour Durbar Square and Royal Palace.
- Kathmandu: Visit sacred Swayambhunath, known as the Monkey Temple for its mischievous inhabitants.
- Bodhnath: Visit the colossal Stupa.
- Bhadgaon: Enjoy an excursion to this ancient capital.
- Varanasi: Witness the evening Aarti Ceremony.
- Varanasi: Take a dawn cruise past the Ghats on the Ganges River - an experience never to be forgotten.
- Khajuraho: Tour the famous temples.
- Orchha: Visit the palaces and temples of the fort.
- Agra: Visit the Taj Mahal, a monument of love, built by a king in everlasting memory of his beloved queen.
- Agra: Inside the red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort and stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls.
- Kathmandu: With our Local Expert, take an intimate look the Narayanhiti Royal Palace and the rooms where the royal family ate, slept, worked, held ceremonies, and entertained guests, along with the wonderfully eclectic decor.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Enjoy tea and pakoras on a rooftop with exceptional views. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- Agra: Located close to the Taj Mahal and boasting beautiful gardens and opulent decor, the ITC Mughal perfectly recreats the splendour and majesty of the Mughal Dynasty.
- Jaipur: Experience the perfect blend of traditional décor and modern amenities at the luxurious Fairmont.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.