Best of Egypt (Summer 2017)
About Cairo, Egypt
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 High Tea (AT) and 1 Welcome Drink (WR); plus 3 lunches (L), 2 Dinners (D) and 1 Signature Evening (SE) all with bottled water, tea or coffee while cruising. 30 Dec departure enjoys an additional festive Highlight Dinner for New Year's Eve
- Giza: Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Cairo: Gaze upon the most recognizable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun's treasure.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the great Pyramids.
- Philae Island: Board a motorboat to the temple complex.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet the captain and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and high tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Cairo Marriott: The luxurious Cairo Marriott is conveniently located on Gezira Island in downtown Cairo. The central section was once the Gezirah Palace built for the Khedive Isma'il Pasha in 1869. Facilities include health club, whirlpool and sauna.
- Cruising: Cruise the Nile in style aboard your traditional Nile cruiser with its spacious cabins, bars, shops, lounge, restaurant and swimming pool.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.